Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Untitled

I was never burdened with the label of being gifted. Don't get me wrong, my parents thought I was capable and surely noticed some of my many talents, but all in all they saw me as a pretty average, normal kid.  

I went to school with a bunch of average, normal kids.  We had 1 or 2 of those really, really gifted kids in elementary school, but most of us had to be content with an occasional moment of brillance. And for the most part, we were.

An average kid has a lot of experience making mistakes Being an average, normal kid meant that I could do almost anything as long as I was willing to work at it.  As a normal kid, it was expected that I would make some mistakes so I made a lot of them.  Rather than focusing on the refinement of an early identified talent, I was free to dream and explore a myriad of possibilites. 

After all, I was a normal, average kid in elementary school.  

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Hands Montessori Nursery provide a carefully prepared program of education, in a happy, relaxed and caring environment where your child can grow and learn through a positive, creative and progressive experience.

    Montessori Schools

    ReplyDelete