Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smarty Pants

I was never burdened with the label of being gifted. Don't get me wrong, my parents thought I was capable and surely noticed some of my many talents, but all in all they saw me as a pretty average, normal kid.  

I went to school with a bunch of average kids.  We had 1 or 2 of those really, really gifted kids in elementary school, but most of us had to be content with an occasional moment of brillance. And for the most part, we were.

As an average kid, it was expected that I would make some mistakes so I made a lot of them. I was expected to work hard, and do my best. And for the most part I did.  

But not all the time.  You see, I was a kid.  And kids need time; time to be a kid, time to dream, time to mess around and time to mess up.  

Perfect preparation for being a gifted adult!

Here's a link to a funny clip by Robin Willaims; Impersonation of a Smart Kid

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment