Friday, June 22, 2012

A note to Brickton Montessori School

Dear Friends,

 

Brickton Montessori School is a small but mighty force in education and, in my opinion, a leader in educational design. I am proud to be one of the founding teachers of the school and privileged to have served as the Head of School for 24 of the school’s 25 years.  I am thankful to the families who have entrusted their children to our care.  I am hopeful that every student who passed through our door moves through life with a deeper sense of purpose and respect for the collective, as well as personal, good.

 

I know that the timing of my departure seems abrupt, and for that, I do apologize.  I will always be a member of the Brickton community and hope to see you again at some future Brickton event.  As James Maibuecher (class of 2010) pointed out in his commencement address to our Class of 2012, “Once a frog, always a frog!”

 

For now, I have been working with Cheryl LaCost, your Acting Head of School, as she works with the community through this transition. Quite frankly, it has been exciting to see how she is helping the staff use this as an opportunity to optimize their talents and lead Brickton forward.  They have a strong commitment to our children, families and Montessori education, and are ready to embark on this next phase in Brickton’s growth and development.

 

I will remain active within the local Montessori community and have plans to work primarily with a school closer to my home. I expect that there will be a few mornings where I find myself on 90 heading towards Brickton instead of heading off in my new direction. Hopefully, I will regain my senses before Arlington Heights Road so I don’t have to drive all the way into the city before turning around!   

 

Thank you for 25 years of support for Brickton, I am joining you now as I support Brickton through its next 25 years.

 

Brickton will always remain close to my heart. 

 

With love and gratitude,



Debbie Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment